Thursday, July 5, 2007

Jelly NYC

So, along with my mini interning at Bar/None Records I am volunteering at Mccarren Park for the Sunday Jelly NYC shows. There's only been two so far but they've been quite fun. The first show I sold water but last Sunday there wasn't really much to do so I wandered around, drank quite a bit, went on the slip n slide, danced around to Illinois (yessss) then sat around the march table and ended up talking to Illinois' manager about managing and such. Slightly embarrassing moment: five minutes into our conversation he says "have you been drinking?" Oy, and I was trying to talk about my future profession hahaha. He was very nice and gave all of the volunteer's their CD (I already had one but I took it anyway, I may give it as a gift sometime.) I didn't dance enough to them I've decided, not a good enough environment but too bad. In other news: Kelly Osborne was there for a moment then left which was pointless and I saw a few other recognizable people but I supose I can't remember who they were. Next Sunday: Octopus Project, Erase Errata, Dan Deacon, OCDJ, The Rub DJs and (drumroll please)Mark Ronson! Oh, I'm excited. Check out the rest of the events at http://thepoolparties.com/events.php and rsvp at Going.com to insure your entry. See you then. Also: get the free chapstick, it's amazing!

No comments: