Saturday, June 23, 2007

Well That Was Bullshit.

Yeah, I've been ultra busy and that was complete bullshit when I said I'd write the next day so here goes my past million days. I can't really remember all the music I've seen, I believe it was Kings of Leon twice, Lily Allen and then Albert Hammond Jr. and then the Jelly NYC shows - but I could be wrong, there may be more. Well here is how that all went: Kings of Leon live = what I've been waiting for (intensely) for about two years. I hate saying things are the best shows of the year since all are different and that's what make them fun blah blah blah but twas amazing. I love KOL a ton and since the show had so much build up it ended up being a really killer event. (So far I've used "ultra" and "killer" what other odd and dead phrases will I think up next?) But, as I was saying, this may have been the best concert all year for these reasons: LOVE THEM, build up, fun company, and the two most important factors: packed BUT I had dancing room. Oh yes, rowdy yet dancable. So yes I also knew that Jared Followill was a good looking kid but about five minutes into their set I was near orgasm and ended biting my dear friend Matthew's shoulder very hard. So yeah, I have zero train of thought right now, but other than my big fear of the VERY drunk girl a few people behind me puking on me (when she slumped forward I thought she was puking and without realized i whirred from the right side of the stage toward the center) and the short woman who passed out and whose husband was just barely keeping her alive and getting kicked in the head severely hard the night was more than a success. On to that Friday: I went to the Apple store around 2 (maybe a big later) and saw my dear underage friends (whom I met at The Kooks) and seeing as they were the second group of people on the line I was very happy when I was invited to wait with them. I waited on line for some very dramatic 4ish hours (people were pissed that me and a few others skipped in with them, and I sweat to death then nearly passed out). Twas worth it I suppose. 8 songs. Nacho gave me a setlist. Got it signed by all five of them and then went outside for a picture with Jared (I think the girl who took them for me lost my email so I have NO CLUE what the photos looked like which makes me sad.) Afterwards I realized how silly I acted and how irratating it must be for bands to deal with demanding fans so then and there I told mysself I would no longer be a little fangirl, I've put up with that pretty well.
Next: Lily Allen. I went with my dears, Laura and Jane and ended up meeting two new loves: Mitch and Max. Waited on line for forever but it didn't feel too bad. Went inside, (can you tell I know I'm going to get distracted and need to write this fast) front row on the gate, (acceptable since it clearly wouldn't be pushy) Aaron LaCrate is my new love. He's a great DJ and quite cute. Kevin Michael was THE WORST. That guy fucking loved himself. I feel a bit bad for the things we yelled out of bordom and anger but mehh everyone else was feeling the same thing. At one point while undressing himself in a manner he thought was quite hot, he said "you guys are making me sing up here" (as if he were being fucked by several groupies and were to say "you guys are making me cum up here") to which Laura answered "it's your job." Finally he and his band left and Aaron came back then after a long long time Lily came on! She got really abd reviews for this show since she forgot the lyrics and such but mehh who cares we had fun with her. When she forgot the lyrics she held the mic up to Max and I which was fun until we couldn't start the next verse, when she played a chord during a song she threw the pic to Laura and at the end she threw her lyric sheets to us (I ended up with "Not Big" which is one of my favorites). Other sightings: Richie Rich, we had a big wave-fest with him but he left before the encore which meant we couldn't chat later. Basically the night was great, sorry I didn't really write about the show, it's all a bit fuzzy now, I thought it was really fun and she looks fucking gorgeous.
Finally: Albert Hammond Jr, Dead Trees, Medium Cool. Ok, back story: Sexy Magazines: broken up glamish young nyc boys who took up the end of 2004 to early 2005 for me. I had a lot of great experiences with them and at their shows and love them to death, I only ever really hung around Franco and Marc when I saw them but they were all nice guys. I only really talk to Marc now. Medium Cool: 3 out of the 5 Mags, Marc, Mark, and Casey. Marc plays with Albert too. So back to the day of the show. I end up coming at 4:30 when the doors are at like 8 because I thought the doors were at 6:45. That pissed off my friend Ben (he's the one that went with me to Arctic Monkeys and to the March 3rd Strokes show last year, don't ask why I remember the date). We waited around for forever and had Albert pass by us nearly 5 times (to which I didn't react seeing as I am no longer a fangirl, haha) as well as Juliet Casablancas (when she walked by all I could think in my head was "I recognize that dogish nose," but soon someone said who it was so there was no need to kill myself trying to place her.) After a long time I saw Marc and had a nice chat with him during which he said to Casey who didn't seem to reconize me "You remember ______, she was in the sexy magazines" which made me feel nice. Funny end of our conversation: remember those underage boys from The Kooks? They were there online and somehow ended up hovering in a group behind me while I was talking to Marc which weired him out a bit I think (those kids weren't even 16 so they couldn't get in, sucks for them.) All I remember from the show (other than Ben nearly puking then burping what smelled like boiled hotdogs all night) was that all three bands played great, the drummer from The Dead Trees has a really expressive neck, I didn't dance enough, these girls standing in the photo pit (a bunch of people ended up there) threw their numbers at Albert and that I have Marc's pick (which bounced off of my head, fell to the floor and then was found by Ben.) I think that's all for those three shows they were quite nice and fun from what I can remember.

No comments: