Monday, July 9, 2007

My Amazing Wild, Wyld, Week.

Oh this week. I thought it was a nice musical week until I got to brilliant Sunday but I'll get to that later. Thursday I decided to see Wyld Life (I wrote about them quite a bit ago) with three of my dearests. We came a bit late, snuggled in a corner booth and drank from 40s under the table (can I regress any more?)so maybe I can't give a good feel of how they played that night but: they were much much better! It sounded quite similar to the CD which sounded very nice. I wiggled (as much as one can while sitting in a booth) around a bit but it ended quite quickly. Then Friday I saw MICKEY AVALON! Oh how I love that man. I came a bit late (ie time of the doors) and didn't end up nearly as close as I'd like to have and I thought it wasn't sold out but then my friend got turned away (well, not technically, someone on line said it was sold out so she left then and there.) But, other than that, twas amazzzzzzing. Sexy, lovely man. Saturday I took the night off and then..... Sunday! McCarren Park! Ohhh I was so excited for Mark Ronson and I missed a bit of his set but then I stood side stage (wrong side though) to watch but then leapt down to the barrier in front of him in the audience spot and at the end of his set he tossed me some T-shirt that they had at a sponsor's table. After that Octopus Project came on and I went with a dear of mine to dance around side stage and try to find Mark to ask him about his Wed. show. I was a bit sad when I didn't see him so we walked off stage and out of that vip section bit and bam! there he is! And I hear from beside me "Where's your shirt?" (Thus begins the terrific few minutes)I asked him about the show and he said how it was presale sold out but he didn't want to say how early I should get there to get tickets because he didn't want to fuck me over so.... He looks down and asks my name and says he's putting me on his list "probably because [he was] pretty drunk and [it was] really hot" (made two of us) but yes. Fuck yes. So that will be my Wed. night. And as he typed it in to his blackberry he was saying how it's basically all ronsons on the list (family) so ahh yes. I can't really remember how the moment ended I know he shook my hand and I was like no: hug time and then sorta drunkenly kissed his neck not on purpose then pranced around and hung out with some hipsteree boy who had yet to leave the pool. Ohhhhh happy days. Such an amazing album, such a talented guy.

No comments: